Wednesday, April 17, 2013

....is a Better Chicken Salad Sandwich

I like the idea of Chicken Salad, it seems nice on a warm summer day to have a cold sandwich. This sandwich typically has two flaws though and for me they're deal breakers. Celery and Mayonaise. I know, it's odd, who doesn't like celery? Even as a kid I would lick the peanut butter and raisins off 'ants on a log'. I think celery smells funny too but it provides a nice cool crunch to the Chicken Salad. Mayonaise is a little less odd and probably disliked by more people. The only thing I like to eat it with is Artichokes, but I've even started eating those with Olive Oil instead. I tried to come up with a few substitutes to turn the idea of a sandwich in to one I would actually eat. I decided to switch them out for Baby Bok Choy (for the fresh crunch) and Greek Yogurt (something creamy but a little healthier). I shared a sandwich with my boyfriend and  he forgot I made the substitutions, he liked it just as much and I was saved from the dreaded Celery and Mayo.

Makes two sandwiches, plus a little extra....

1 Chicken Breast, Shredded*
1 Head Baby Bok Choy, Diced
3 Scallions, Thinly Sliced
1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed and evenly coated with Yogurt and Olive Oil, serve on a delicious bread roll with slices of Tomato & Avocado.

Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...