Tuesday, August 6, 2013

....is Cupcake & Frosting




I got a new kitchen toy! 
Six of them in fact. I really love gadgets but not when they take up a lot of space in my kitchen. I have avoided cupcake tins, they're wonky shaped and they take up a lot of drawer space. When I saw these  Silicon Cupcake Wrappers, I knew it was love. They're BIG (they can also be used for muffins), they stack and store easily.

Makes Six Large Cupcakes

For the Cupcakes
2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in Eggs one at a time.
Add Flour (mixed with Baking Powder and Salt) alternating with Milk beat well; stir in Vanilla.
Divide evenly among Silicone Wrappers (I used my cookie scoop, another favorite kitchen gadget) and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool fully and remove from wrapper before frosting.

For the Frosting
1-1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, Softened
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 to 2 Tbsp Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp Instant Coffee (optional)
Sprinkles! (optional but they're so much fun!)

Mix together sugar and butter. Add vanilla and cream, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...