Thursday, May 2, 2013

....is a Pear Dutch Baby

Learning to bake is about what not to do as much as it is learning what works well. I started my first attempt at a Dutch Baby, a fairly simple recipe from Food Network, with a start-over mistake. Cooking mistakes are typically a little more forgiving but I've found baking are usually less so. I should have known better, in cookies wet ingredients are always first, and dry ingredients are mixed in parts after. Luckily I had all the ingredients to remake the batter.


4 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
2/3 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
3 Tbsp Sugar 
a Little Vanilla

Clumpy lesson learned.


Mix in a blender (or with a mixer, wet ingredients first).


Melt some butter in a cast-iron skillet. 
Add 1 sliced pear, then the batter.
Bake at 375 degrees, 35 minutes. 

Dust with confectioners' sugar.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...