Monday, August 19, 2013

....is Veggie Rice Noodle & Fried Egg


There's an amazing asian market near my house, with wonderful (and incredibly cheap) produce. Last time I was there the Grapefruits were sweet, tangy and 10 for $1.00! The purple sweet potato was my most recent and unusual find. It's a beautiful deep purple on the outside with a surprising cream colored inside, it's texture and flavor is similar to yams or yellow sweet potatoes. With the skin on I think it would be a lovely in a homefry medley baked with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper & Red Chili flakes (to add a little heat). My homefry idea will have to wait for another day because I wanted to use some rice noodles I discovered in the market. Here's the concoction I came up with!


Serves 6
Package of Rice Noodles
1 Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 inch Ginger, Minced
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Purple Sweet Potato, Cut into Matchstick
2-4 Tbsp of White Wine
1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Zucchini, Cut into Matchstick
6 Pieces of Bacon
6 Eggs, Fried Over Easy


Boil water and cook noodles per package directions, about 7 minutes.

Sauté Onions in Olive Oil on medium heat until soft and translucent. Add Ginger & Garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Deglaze the pan with white wine. Place the Sweet Potatoes in the pan, pour in broth and cover, allowing Sweet Potatoes to steam, about 5 minutes or until soft (but not mushy). Uncover to mix in Zucchini and Rice Noodles. Top with Bacon & a Fried Egg.


Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...