Tuesday, November 26, 2013

....is Roasted Squash & Cauliflower over Browned Butter Capellini


I have a new food obsession: roasted cauliflower (though it hasn't lessened my love of zucchini). Roasted Cauliflower with Toasted Hazelnuts and Roasted with Creamy Goat Cheese are two of the recipes I've recently discovered. I had a head of cauliflower in my fridge and decided to combine my two veggie loves. CPB & I went to the farmers market and I stocked up on Zucchini & Yellow Squash. I've made it this pasta three times in about two weeks. The roasting takes a some time but it's an otherwise low maintenance dish. The caramelized roasted vegetables compliment the nutty rich brown butter coated pasta well.




1/2 Head of Cauliflower, Sliced Florets 1/4" Thick
1 Medium Zucchini, Sliced
1 Medium Yellow Squash, Sliced
1/2 Onion, Sliced
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1-2 Sprigs of Rosemary, Minced
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1/2 lb Capellini
2-3 Tbsp Butter
Parmesan Cheese, Shredded

Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.

Slice vegetables & Place them in a large bowl, add Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper to taste and Garlic & Rosemary (or other herbs). Toss to coat, adding more Olive Oil as needed and spread on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 tossing every 15 minutes, when roasted vegetables will be browned but not burnt.

Cook pasta al dente and strain. Add Butter to empty pot on Medium High heat, stir quickly (like your life depends on it) remove from heat when Butter smells nutty and has a golden brown color. Add pasta back into Browned Butter pot and toss to coat. 

Serve Browned Butter Pasta with roasted vegetables & topped with Parmesan Cheese.




Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...