Friday, November 8, 2013

....is Fire Roasted Tomato, Basil & Ricotta Pizza



This is another treat I (indirectly) brought back from Boston. My last evening in the city, I met one of my friends at Otto, a local pizza place. I had an amazing squash pizza with a white base. A week later, back in California, I got a craving for another pizza from Otto. I contemplated hopping on a plane to grab a slice but chose the slightly less expensive option. I found their website and looked up their menu. I used it to choose ingredients and made their pizza at home (with a few modifications).



1-1/8 Cup Lukewarm Water
1Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Yeast
2-1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp Olive Oil
1-1/2 tsp Salt

Mix the warm Water, Sugar & Yeast let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add Flour, Olive Oil & Salt, fold until just combined. Allow the dough to rise for about an hour. In the meantime begin chopping and preheat the oven to 475 degrees with a pizza stone inside.

Olive Oil
Garlic, Minced
Shallots, Minced
Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Diced
Salami, Thinly Sliced
Ricotta
Basil, Thinly Sliced
Parmesan, Shredded

Par-bake the dough with a drizzle of Olive Oil, Garlic & Shallots until lightly golden (12-15 Minutes). Add Tomatoes, Salami & Ricotta, bake another 5 minutes. Top with Basil & Parmesan. The Pizza and topping will be hot enough to melt the Cheese perfectly. Cut, serve & enjoy!


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...