Wednesday, June 27, 2012

....is Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

A friend of mine is vegan and she said rarely does she find desserts she can eat. Almost everything has butter, cream or eggs. So I set out on a mission to make something deliciously Vegan. I started with Banana Bread. I only needed to find substitution for 3 things since it doesn't have Eggs, it only has 3 tsp of Buttermilk, 1/2 Cup of Butter and 1 Cup Chocolate Chips. The last one worried me the most, I though Vegan Chocolate meant Icky Chocolate. There's a lot of Dark Chocolate that's 'almost Vegan' when I checked out the wrapper it would say '.01% Milk' or 'May Contain Milk'. I want to know how they don't know whether or not it contains Milk? Anyway, I finally found 'Enjoy Life - Mini Chips - Dairy, Nut & Soy Free' and they were actually good.

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil Spread*
3 Ripe Bananas
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 tsp Silk Creamer*
2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon*
1 C Enjoy Life - Mini Chips*

Cream Sugar, Butter, Bananas, Vanilla and Creamer. Add Flour and Baking Powder. Dissolve Baking Soda in small amount of Water, add to other mixture. Add Chocolate Chips. Bake in a 9x13 at 350 for 30 min.

So good it was gone before I could get a picture....

*Ingredients in Bold are what differ from the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...