Friday, March 11, 2011

....is Thai

....Or mine really, most of my recipes have been acquired, this one is no exception. This is a Thai Chicken recipe from one of my best friends and I'm not really sure where she got it. The original calls for marinating chicken breast, I recently tried it with party wings and usually serve it with coconut rice and spicy lime green beans. There's a few more ingredients than I keep lying around the house but once you get them the prep is simple.

Marinade/Sauce
4 Chicken Breast
(or Equivalent in Wings)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Jalapeno
3/4 in. Ginger (Peeled)
4 Tbs Cilantro (Chopped)
2 Limes (Zested & Juiced)
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Sugar
1/2 Can Coconut Milk

Cut four deep slashes into the chicken and place into a bowl. Food process the rest of the ingredients together and poor over the chicken breasts (or wings). It can marinade overnight or soak lightly. Then bake or Bar-B-Que. Place the marinade into a sauce pan and bring to a boil for a few minutes.

Coconut Rice
Follow cooking directions on the rice but substitute quarter to half the water with the coconut milk.

Spicy Lime Green Beans
Boil fresh green beans, I'm not sure how long, I eat them raw so I more or less blanch the beans and call it good. Then lime and Siracha to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...